Distribution Automatique

Saturday, September 13

2/19/89

Open the door and you might find nothing.
This is what makes it so hard.

You're going to be talking to somebody and therefore
listening to somebody.

The present: next thing to do is remember
something in the past in order to present it in
the future-which is now-which is then-
which is now.

It doesn't stop. You don't need to pay it
any mind. It won't stop. I won't mind.

Now I'm moving away from you and at the same time
wondering why you're not moving towards me.

As you're moving toward me to explain
it to me, I move toward you to
explain it to you. Moving
away from each other like
Groucho Marx watching himself jump away from
himself in a mirror in *Duck Soup.*

2/22/89

Having heard only lies all our
lives, we must assume the truth is
unintelligible and start from there. It's
like panning for gold and not knowing
what gold looks like.