Distribution Automatique

Thursday, August 12

Although his vision is often dark,
I still like the poems of William Bronk.
Received from *Serendipity*
*The Empty Hands*:

"The Failure To Devise A Better World

If failure is what you mean to call it, it's the mind,
I suppose, that fails, but what a word. It fails
by succeeding. A sneaky triumph. The mind spies
upon itself and sees its subterfuge,
its feints and camouflage, its helpless flank.
It always defeats itself at tic-tac-toe.
Quite true, it doesn't win...
But the heart is hopeful..."
A sore throat and a cold today.
Not fun, but it gives me an excuse
(as if I needed it) to lose myself
in books...(and blogs and websites)
Nada Gordon concludes this lively, revealing
and thoughtful interview in Jacket (23)
with the pleasures of blogging
Tom Beckett
interviews Nada Gordon {click here}

Some poetic time travelling by
Mike Snider {click here}